The basic Rules of the Bod Péter Foundation
I. General dispositions
1. The foundation works according to the current statutes and the applicable law as a Romanian legal person.
2. The foundation was founded according to the law order no. 1924/772 and 1954/31 statute.
3. The foundation works as a Romanian legal person, has no national targets, is apolitical and free legal personality
II. The foundation’s name, location and duration of operation
4. The foundation’s name is “Bod Péter”.
5. The location of the foundation: Alba Iulia, Regina Maria street no. 7, Alba County.
6. It was founded for an indefinite period of time.
7. For a better achievement of its objectives the foundation may establish branch institutions in the country and abroad.
III. The foundation’s objectives
The foundation has as its aim the preservation of the polihistor Péter Bod’s (1712-1769) memory, having in the same time educational goals. The foundation has educational, cultural and social aims.
a. Editing Péter Bod’s published and unpublished works; furthermore the effect of the baroque on the culture and art.
b. To assure the material, moral and academic support for the preservation and development of the Péter Bod cultural centre; the preservation of the church from Magyarigen built in baroque style.
c. Material and moral support for the educational development.
d. Supporting, organizing and strengthening the education network with the purpose of raising it to international standards.
e. Providing economic opportunities for the training of pedagogues in order to improve the quality of education.
f. To establish infrastructural basics in order to introduce new methods in education.
g. To assure scholarships for students.
h. To assure economic help for some educational institutions.
i. Establishing and supporting financially educational institutions.
j. Supporting with educational purposes the students’ after-school cultural programs.
IV. The foundation’s capital and incomings
9. The foundation’s share capital is 5.000.000 lei, which was provided for the foundation by the founder according to the attached documents.
a. Movable and immovable goods, cash and material assistance, donations from physical persons from the country and from abroad.
b. Donations and help from national and international associations, business associations.
10. The share capital has the following designations:
· To accomplish the aims of the 3rd paragraph from the following statute:
·Investing in immovable goods, means of transport, providing the materials in order to accomplish the aims mentioned.
·The organization of gainful activities which lead to the increase of the share capital for a better achievement of the objectives.
·Covering the expenses related to the proper functioning of the foundation.
11. The foundation uses a part of the received material support and the donations within the limits of the law, covering the expense of the foundation.
V. The foundation’s leadership and actuators
12. The foundation is led by the Board, which is named by the founder, having the power of decision.
13. The board can bring decisions in every important issue, and can decide the way of implementation
· Provides the accomplishment of the foundation’s objectives.
·Suggests the founder the changes of the statute.
· Approves the yearly budget and its implementation.
· Suggests the founder the liquidation of the foundation.
· Appoints the administrative leaders and censors.
· Decides upon the relationships of the foundation with the state bodies, institutions, organizations, foundations etc.
· Compiles the operational rules and reviews the activity of the organizations and institutions which were created by the foundation.
· Receives and evaluates the capital of the foundation at the and of the year.
14. The president of the advisory board has the following rights and obligations
· Represents the foundation·
Makes up and suggests the board the strategy which will lead to the realization of the objectives.
· Convenes the Board and conducts its work.
· Supervises directly the documents and the activity of the foundation.
· Shares his right of representation with the vice presidents of the foundation.
· He can assign in certain cases his representative right to other members of the Board members of the administration.
15. The management of the foundation is made by an executive body appointed by the board.
The executive body consists of a chief executive and secretary.
16. The activity of the executive body:
·The chief executive executes the decisions of the board, makes the bookkeeping, organizes the meetings of the board, solves the foundation’s current problems.
·The responsibility of the foundation’s secretary is to keep the evidence and guarding the documents, send invitations to the members of the board
17. When needed, the foundation may contract a bookkeeper, and auxiliary staff.
18.The members of the board can appoint supervisors, who supervise the budget of the foundation, and make a repot about the activity of the foundation and the accomplishment of its objectives. If they notice any deficiencies they may suggest ways of improving. In the case of great mistakes they convene the board.
VI. Dissolution of the foundation
19.In case of dissolution the liquidation of the share capital is made by the appointed liquidator.
With the appointing of the liquidator the mandate of the board expires.
The liquidation and dissolution of the foundation is made according to the law.
In case of merging the entire share capital of the foundation gets into the possession of the legal person appointed by the founder.
VI. Final disposition
20. The first economic year starts with the foundation and lasts till December the 31st.
The bookkeeping is made according to the laws related to foundations.
21. When calculating the budget all incomes have to be taken into consideration and plan the budget of the next year in order to accomplish the objectives of the foundation.
22. The foundation loses its legal right in the following cases:
· Its objectives cannot be accomplished;
· The foundation cannot be maintained;
This statute was made in 5 copies, and the foundation starts working as a legal person after the court of law from Alba Iulia makes the registration decision.